Skip to content

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers – For Tenants

The induction process usually takes between 20 – 45 minutes.  It is important that all of the expectations are explained.  The process can be shorter when the bond is paid via BondsOnline, the tenancy agreement has been signed by DocuSign & the Introduction Video is available.

The preferred payment method is via direct debit.  The tenant is able to nominate their account & choose to pay either weekly or fortnightly (in line with the public service pay cycle).  Tenants, where authorised can pay rent via personal cheque or money order.  Unfortunately we do not have any credit card or BPay options & rent cannot be transferred into the Trust account.

If the property is separately metered for water consumption, then the tenant is required to pay for 100% of the water usage during their tenancy.  The property manager will send out a water usage invoice as well as a detailed copy of the usage charges when they receive it from the Queanbeyan Council.  Generally, all houses & most modern units & townhouses will all have individual water meters.  Many of the older unit complexes in Queanbeyan have a single meter shared between the lots & therefore the tenant cannot be asked to pay for any water usage.

Tenants can complete the water usage direct debit form for payment each quarter or they can nominate to be a regular debit run & will still receive a copy of the invoice & usage prior to each debit.  Download the Water Usage Direct Debit Form Here

NSW Fair Trading provide a framework for the term ‘fair wear & tear’ & ultimately a tribunal member is the person who makes the determination on a case by case basis.

Fair wear & tear generally, means the normal deterioration of a property from ordinary, everyday use.  Exposure to the elements, time, as well as day to day living can cause fair wear & tear.

Basically, anything that happens in the normal course of living in a property can be considered fair wear & tear.

For a fixed-term of less than 2 years >

rent can only be increased during the fixed-term if the agreement sets out the increased amount or how the increase will be calculated. No written notice of
the increase is required.

For a fixed-term of 2 years or more, or for a periodic agreement (i.e. where the fixed-term has expired or no fixed-term is specified) >

rent can only be increased once in a 12-month period. You  must get at least 60 days written notice.